Mobile technology is changing by the minute; sometimes you just can’t catch it all. Here’s what you might have missed this week:
- Box secured a $100 million investment this week. But as the company grows, Box struggles to stay true to its roots, CiteWorld reports.
- All Things D has released its tech predictions for 2014: “Siri gets serious, Microsoft gets its mojo back and everything gets encrypted.”
- AirWatch was included in a Forbes list of 26 tech companies that are valued at more than $1 billion.
- BYOD may be out like 2013, but a phoenix will rise from its ashes, according to an IDC survey: CYOD, or choose your own device. Wrote a ZDNet reporter, “”Choose” rather than “bring” your own device will become the main enterprise mobile strategy, because it enables better security and mobilization of applications, according to IDC”s Asia-Pacific Predictions for 2014.”
- Network World released its review of the best tools for MDM, and AirWatch tops the list.
- Google”s new Google Tips website helps users make better use of Google services such as Chrome, Google , Google Maps, Google Drive, Gmail, YouTube and Google Search.
- Through an integration with AirWatch, Juniper”s mobile VPN client is tackling iOS security challenges, InformationWeek reported.
- A whole lot of people are doing their holiday shopping on mobile devices this year. According to McKinsey & Company research (as reported by Wired), 44 percent of all shoppers use their smartphones while shopping.
@AirWatch tweet of the week
Excited just got our new @AirWatch 7.0 environment setup…cant wait to start deploying..woooot
— itgeekygirl (@itgeekygirl) December 7, 2013