Mobile technology is changing by the minute; sometimes you just can’t catch it all. Here’s what you might have missed this week:
- Google revealed a number of new innovations and a preview of the next Android operating system update: Android L. Google also made a statement to businesses by announcing new security and productivity features. Find out what the company is doing to expand its presence in the enterprise.
- Samsung announced another smartwatch at Google I/O. The device, called Samsung Gear Live is the company’s fifth smartwatch since launching the Samsung Galaxy Gear in September of last year.
- The days of the BYOD stipend are numbered, writes CIO’s Tom Kaneshige.
- Microsoft has officially released the first Android phone since the completion of its Nokia acquisition: Meet the Nokia X2.
- Become an EMM specialist by completing AirWatch Academy’s Certification program. Learn more here, and be sure to register for AirWatch Connect.
- Don’t forget to stop by the AirWatch booth (#1048) at ISTE 2014 June 28 – July 1!
— AirWatch by VMware (@AirWatch) June 25, 2014