Mobile technology is changing by the minute; sometimes you just can’t catch it all. Here’s what you might have missed this week:
- The internet of things (IoT) keeps growing and Samsung has taken notice. The South Korean tech giant announced its decision to acquire the connected company SmartThings, the maker of a $99 hub that connects to wireless electronics and lets users control them with their smartphones from the company’s mobile app.
- IDC released research numbers this week for Q2 smartphone sales. More than 300 million devices were shipped in the second quarter of this year.
- AirWatch Secure Content Locker has reached another milestone. The enterprise-grade file sync and share solution has been given the green-light by the Australian Signals Directorate for government use in Australia and New Zealand.
- Last week, we announced that AirWatch has received multiple patents for digital watermarking. This week, we spoke with AirWatch Secure Content Locker Product Manager Suja Ramachandran to learn more about why the technology is significant.
- It’s not too late to register for AirWatch Connect Atlanta! Get your passes today and be sure to check out the freshly released conference agenda.
- This week, Ray Wang of Constellation Research hosted a twitter chat to discuss the evolving lifestyle of the mobile worker. Thanks to everyone that participated and a special thanks goes out to Ray Wang for tweeting it up with us!