In a retail driven world, Thanksgiving has grown to revolve around meals and deals. While turkey is basted and prepared for the big Thursday supper, concurrently, dedicated shoppers are approaching the starting line for some marathon shopping. This year, as the Washington Post reports, The National Retail Federation predicts that over 50 percent of shoppers will be shopping both online and in stores throughout the holiday weekend. See below for a roundup of Black Friday technology deals and the latest emerging trends in retail tech this holiday season.
- Stevie Kovach at Business Insider shares his recommended tech deals for Black Friday. Ranging from Surface Pro 3 deals to Apple Store gift cards with tech purchases, Business Insider is keeping a growing list of technology bargains up to date.
- Before scoring deals online, brush up on how to online shop safely with ABC’s tips.
- In a Tech Target article, Brian Kilcourse of Retail Systems Research recommends that retailers take advantage of mobile devices. He says “Retailers are coming to understand that mobile…is a way for the consumer to extend himself into the brand.”
- Some retailers are ahead of the mobile curve. AirWatch’s Ed Durbin lists out the mobile methods and strategies some retailers will leverage for Black Friday and holiday shopping in this video, including to streamline Santa visits.
- In need of a new smartphone? See the Wall Street Journal’s Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals.