AirWatch is working with Google to integrate with Android for Work, a Google program that brings together OEMs, ISVs and EMMs to ensure organizations can confidently manage devices running Android. Android for Work securely separates business and personal data and applications – and simplifies management of work-related policies, profiles and data – on tablets and smartphones running the OS. With Android for Work, Google is standardizing management APIs across Android devices, regardless of OEM, to ensure consistency in both user and management experience.
To enable Android for Work, AirWatch administrators can leverage token-based setup by visiting the Google portal, verifying their domain and obtaining an EMM token for Android for Work. Administrators will then upload and verify the token in AirWatch.
Users can activate Android for Work on their devices by enrolling with the AirWatch Agent. Agent-based enrollment will activate Android for Work to provision the Work Profile, which activates device-level encryption and keeps work and personal data separate. The Work Profile will create a group of Google-badged work apps, including the Google Play for Work store and Google productivity apps such as Work Chrome and Work Mail, as well as managed public and internal apps.
In the following video, AirWatch product manager Scott Kelley explains how AirWatch will integrate with Android for Work. (Read more below the video.)
AirWatch administrators managing devices running Android for Work will be able to leverage the following commands, profiles and settings from the AirWatch console:
- Commands such as device wipe, enterprise wipe, device lock and clear passcode
- New profiles, including the ability to enforce a device-level passcode
- Work Profile restrictions, such as the ability to disable the camera, copy/paste functions and sharing with the personal area of the device
- Chrome settings, such as URL whitelists and blacklists and the ability to disable cookies
- Wi-Fi settings, including WPA2/WPA enterprise and certificates
- Silent installation of user and root certificates
- VPN connectivity for F5 and Cisco, and Pulse Secure
- Google Email Client settings, such as the ability to control attachments and web links
- App-level controls, such as the ability to push approved public apps and Google-hosted apps automatically or on-demand, silently remove apps and remove app assignments from devices
For more information on how AirWatch powers Android for Work, visit air-watch.com/solutions/android.
AirWatch and Google will be hosting two webinars to learn how AirWatch supports Android For Work. Register for the webinar in your time zone.
The Android robot is reproduced or modified from work created and shared by Google and used according to terms described in the Creative Commons 3.0 Attribution License.