Unifyle is a member of the App Configuration for Enterprise (ACE) community, alongside companies like SAP, Cisco, WorkDay, Box and so many more, so we were excited to learn more about their app and how it meets the needs of the evolving mobile enterprise.
1. What is Unifyle’s unique story?
Venky: Our app provides a dashboard for all the different file storage services that employees use on a day-to-day basis. They have one app to search, share, edit and manage all their files, no matter where the files are and no matter which device they use.
2. Who needs your app and why?
Venky: Most employees of bigger corporations, since the files these days are scattered over multiple different file storage services. Also, many of them are not ready to move to cloud-based solutions, yet, however they may not mind using features like sharing, sync, search, etc.
Venky: Our app helps enterprises to provide secure mobile access to files, as well manage all their file storage services without forcing them to move the files anywhere.
4. What are your top three favorite features?
1) Converting legacy file storage systems like fileshares, Sharepoint, FTP, etc., to a Dropbox model, providing all the features of Dropbox without moving the files anywhere.
2) Providing search across all the file storage services with a single search. This is helpful to the users on their day-to-day work, and it is also helpful to legal folks for eDiscovery.
3) Providing a single dashboard to 15 different file storage services, both on-premises and cloud storage.
5. What’s your biggest ROI play for your customers?
Venky: Our server installation and configuration takes less than an hour, and it provides a comprehensive file management and file access solution for all storage services, irrespective of the device used to access the files (especially mobile access).
6. How do you think businesses can get ahead and better react to changing user/employee behaviors?
Venky: Many businesses look for 0 or 1 solution. There are many solutions available that can help them modernize their infrastructure without rip and replace. In the case of document management, converting their existing storage and then slowly transitioning to a newer cloud based solution can be less disruptive for their employees.
7. What’s the coolest use of your app that you heard in 2015?
Venky: A very big telco in Australia is using our product to combine security and flexibility. They are using an encryption solution, but that is making things difficult for mobile employees, though at rest things are much safer. Since our product easily plugs in with other encryption services, they have found a way to use our product to search, share and edit encrypted files, as well as to virus scan files that go through our servers.
Since we act as a proxy to all the file storage services, we can encrypt and decrypt files as necessary, as well as index the files before encrypting, thereby providing security without reducing functionality. This makes both the employees and the IT security folks very happy.
Join the Appy Holidays conversation on Twitter using #AppyHolidays #AppStandards.
Because you liked this blog:
- Read all our Appy Holidays partner Q&As at http://blogs.air-watch.com/tag/appy-holidays/
- Q&A Spotlight with Replicon, the App that Helps You Put Time on Your Side
- Business Mobility App Spotlight: How to Simplify Employee Scheduling So “You Have Time to Be Amazing”
About Srinivasa “Venky” Venkataraman, founder and CEO of Primadesk Inc.
An experienced software executive, Srinivasa “Venky” Venkataraman has a strong track record of building successful teams and companies. He is currently the Founder and CEO of Primadesk Inc. Venky has a Master of Science degree with a Mechanical Engineering major from Purdue University. Outside of work, Venky is an avid golfer and a budding runner. He lives in San Rafael with his wife of 20 years and two wonderful children.