Technology continues changing the way we work in dramatic ways—on the go and on any device—but work still revolves around two key elements: content and collaboration. Although the office is mobile and the workspace is digital, many employees still don’t have secure and productive tools to quickly access, share, create, and collaborate on content from anywhere.
Instead, workers often adopt a “bring your own” attitude when it comes to mobile content management: uploading confidential assets to public clouds, forwarding highly sensitive information over email or using free file sharing to pass along corporate documents.
An intuitive, delightful user experience is as critical as ensuring security on a mobile content management platform. Keeping that in mind, we’ve completely redesigned our AirWatch Content Locker solution for the iPad® and iPhone® to deliver a consumer-simple experience with enterprise-grade security.
[Related: This Enterprise App Removes the Risk in Content Collaboration]
Here’s What We Did
Everything in the new Content Locker UI was purpose-built to deliver speed and ease:
- The new and improved Content Locker experience begins right when users launch the application. Guided tutorial screens and overlay text help familiarize the user with the redesigned interface.
- From the home page, users now have quick access to required and featured content, as well as their most recently accessed content.
- The new User Hub gives users quick access to shared and draft files, enabling workers to easily continue working on documents.
- Because users need to find information faster, we’ve made it easier to search across all files regardless of what repository they are stored in, as well as filter and sort these results based on relevant criteria.
- Users can also quickly navigate to folders and files with “clickable breadcrumbs” and preview files within Content Locker with ease.
- In the newly available card view, users can also preview videos directly from the home page without navigating to the file itself.
Here’s Why You’ll Love It
Every strategic update was designed to improve user experiences and increase user adoption. After all, enterprises simply can’t lock down data and increase collaboration and productivity if users don’t love the tools they’re given.