Last October, I was honored to announce that VMware acquired Boxer. As the founder of Boxer, I was proud to be a part of a team that shared my vision to create mobile apps that—above all else—users would love. Driven by the feedback of our customers, Boxer integrated mail, calendar and contacts into a single app that combines a beautiful and intuitive interface with a diverse set of advanced features.
We always believed our solution was the best experience for consumers and the corporate world alike, and could not have found a better partner than VMware. VMware AirWatch is the recognized EMM market leader and gives us access to a corporate user base hungry for simple solutions that increase the productivity of end users.
Today, I’m excited to announce that the much-anticipated, enterprise-ready VMware Boxer solution is now available to all AirWatch and Workspace ONE customers.
VMware Boxer: A Mail, Calendar & Contacts App Your Users Actually Want to Use
The shared vision between VMware and Boxer is one of a consumer simple experience existing within the confines of corporate-mandated security. IT departments shouldn’t have to choose between great user experience or enterprise grade security and management. Boxer eliminates that decision by providing both: an intuitive experience with a host of advanced mail, calendar and contacts features inside of one app that gives the IT admin the ability to configure and manage security policies at a granular level.
As a pioneer in mobile productivity applications, we built the most customizable email app on in market today. Some of our most popular features include:
- Bulk actions: Users can select multiple emails with just a tap and perform one function (such as delete, archive or flag) on all selected emails at once.
- Calendar availability: Compose an email and send times you’re available with just a few taps. No more switching between email and calendar apps.
- Predictive folders: Boxer learns from you and surfaces suggested folders where you frequently move emails, meaning users no longer need to scroll through dozens of folders to find just the right spot to file a message.
- Customizable settings: Boxer gives users the ability to customize multiple settings, including notifications and swipe gestures, all the way down to configuring the amount of time available to “undo” an action.
A Mobile Inbox with Flexible Deployment Options & Enterprise-Grade Security
Email is the single-most used business application on a user’s device. Now with Boxer, IT departments can finally give workers a great user experience and ensure unparalleled security. Admins can rest assured that their data is secure with enterprise-hardened security features built into Boxer, including:
- Flexible deployments: Boxer is available in the cloud (shared or dedicated), on premise or in a hybrid deployment and is Microsoft Office 365 compatible.
- Enterprise-grade security: Boxer brings end-to-end security of data at-rest and in transit with 256-bit encryption.
- Built-in compliance: IT can trigger automatic, manual, online or offline compliance actions to block or wipe Boxer enterprise data based on password policies, device security (jailbroken/rooted), operating system (OS) version and/or AirWatch management status.
- Container options: Customers can deploy Boxer to users enrolled in MDM or as a containerized, managed application via AirWatch Container or Workspace ONE. Ideal for BYOD deployments, containerization separates business and personal data and only allows IT to secure and manage enterprise data without an MDM profile.
- Data leakage protection (DLP) policies: Boxer maintains the DLP settings IT expects with enterprise email. For attachments, IT can whitelist or blacklist “open-in” apps and encrypt all attachments to prevent sharing with third-party applications. IT can also enable or disable copy/paste, opening links in the native browser and syncing to native mail.
For a full list of the security features we’ve built into Boxer, download the Boxer Technical Whitepaper.
Boxer is available today in 16 languages for AirWatch and Workspace ONE customers on iOS. We will continue to build Boxer security and platforms in the coming months. Customers can contact their account executives to learn more about transitioning to Boxer.
To learn more, watch our on-demand webinar: Introducing Boxer for AirWatch.