14 Stats on the Rise of the Digital Workspace from VMware AirWatch
Workers want more devices and modern apps to do their jobs. Demand drives a new business trend: the digital workspace.
- 60% of employees prefer to work on a personal device. (VMware)
- 30% of employees work on their personal device, despite company policy. (VMware)
- By 2017, half of employers may require employees to bring their own devices. (Gartner)
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD): A strategy allowing workers to access enterprise apps and corporate data on personal smartphones, tablets, PCs and other devices.
- 72% of organizations support BYOD. (Bitglass)
- Only 14% use mobile application management (MAM) to control access to corporate data. (Bitglass)
- The average enterprise uses 917 cloud apps. (Netskope)
- 91% of these apps are not enterprise-ready. (Netskope)
- SMBs use 14.3 cloud apps on average. (Intermedia)
- The average SMB employee works on 5.5 apps. (Intermedia)
- Demand for enterprise mobile apps will grow five times faster than IT’s capacity to deliver. (Gartner)
- 70% of respondents view effective mobility strategies as critical to core applications and business processes that can lead to a competitive advantage. (ESG)
- Only 20% of global businesses have successfully transitioned a core business process to a mobile model. (VMware)
- Modernizing on-prem core enterprise apps is a top IT project priority for 45%. (Gartner)
- 41% also put extending capabilities of core enterprise apps in their top five IT project priorities. (Gartner)
Explore the Digital Workspace
Deliver and manage any application on any device from a simple and secure enterprise platform.
Read more about the digital workspace: