“Unified endpoint management is the most prominent need in today’s EUC market. By successfully addressing this critical industry requirement with Workspace ONE, VMware has raised the bar once again in the EUC market.” —Frost & Sullivan Visionary Innovation Leadership Award, End-User Computing, North America
As we look back on the first half of 2016, VMware’s End-User Computing (EUC) team has been working hard to advance our industry through purpose-built innovation. We’ve:
- Helped thousands of businesses with everything from enterprise mobility management (EMM) and endpoint security to mobile app deployments and bring-your-own-device (BYOD) strategies.
- Launched our powerful new digital workspace platform, VMware Workspace ONE.
- Unveiled VMware TrustPoint, our new endpoint security platform powered by Tanium.
- Released VMware AirWatch 8.3 and 8.4 to enable smarter, more secure application and unified endpoint management.
- Introduced the new concept of “identity-defined workspaces” with adaptive management technology.
- Added important new partners to the VMware AirWatch Mobile Security Alliance.
- Expanded our industry relationships and streamlined enterprise app development with the AppConfig Community.
Today, we’re incredibly honored to receive the prestigious Frost & Sullivan award for best practices in Visionary Innovation Leadership for End-User Computing.
The Next EUC Evolution: Unified Endpoint Management
As the EUC industry continues to rapidly evolve, Frost & Sullivan provides a unique set of concepts for what we believe is the next phase of our industry’s evolution: unified endpoint management (UEM).
- Identity-based contextual experiences for both corporate-owned and BYO devices
- Mobile collaboration apps and cloud-based services for virtual, cloud or physical endpoints and applications
- Unified enterprise app and endpoint management, including lifecycle management
- Internet of Things (IoT) support
- Tangible return on investment (ROI) for integrated UEM solutions
Unified endpoint management, or the ability to manage all computing devices within the enterprise from a single management console, is quickly becoming the must-have for businesses. As security threats rise and more devices enter the enterprise, new strategies are required for enabling both user productivity and securing corporate data and applications. The cornerstone of this unified EUC architecture is the new digital workspace.
[Related: Unified Endpoint Management Mobility Trends]
Focus on the Future
“Frost & Sullivan believes that VMware is in an ideal position to help its customers execute on their next-generation business mobility strategies.” —Frost & Sullivan Visionary Innovation Leadership Award, End-User Computing, North America
In addition to best practices implementation, Frost & Sullivan cited Workspace ONE and VMware’s focus on the future as key contributors for choosing VMware as its annual award recipient.
For our current customers and for those planning the next phase of their business mobility strategy, we encourage you to read the analysts’ insights on Workspace ONE and its unique value to customers, including:
- Unified app store with an innovative single sign-on (SSO) experience for users;
- BYOD capabilities to enable both employee choice and next-gen security for enterprise data and apps;
- Support for Windows 10, including in-depth management, deployment and real-time apps delivery;
- Office 365 acceleration by federating on-premises and Azure Active Directory;
- Unified endpoint management capabilities for desktop, mobile and IoT devices in a single management console; and more.
To learn if Workspace ONE is a fit for your business’ unique computing needs, visit our new website and sign up for a free, customized demo.
Because you liked this blog: