Yesterday, we saw the newest Apple devices: iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, AirPods, Apple Watch Series 2 and Apple Watch Nike+. Here are some of the highlights and what you need to do to prepare for iOS 10. Watch the replay here.
Preparing for iOS 10
To prepare your users and devices to upgrade to iOS 10, VMware AirWatch customers must do the following three things:
1. Update or have users update all AirWatch apps installed. Here’s how.
2. Update any application utilizing the AirWatch SDK to version 126.96.36.199. Here’s how.
3. Re-wrap any applications using the App Wrapping Engine 5.1. Here’s how.
More details are available in the myAirWatch knowledge base: Getting Ready for iOS 10.
[Related: Update Your iOS Business Apps Now]
iPhone 7 & iPhone 7 Plus
Apple calls iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus the best, most advanced iPhone ever. Here are the top things you need to know about the world’s most popular smartphone:
4. The design includes two new colors: black and jet black.
5. The iPhone 7 has a brighter display, longer battery life and new A10 Fusion Chip that makes it twice as fast.
6. It’s water and splash resistant! While you cannot take your iPhone for a swim (and still expect it to work), you don’t have to worry as much.
7. The new dual camera system makes the iPhone 7 Plus extra special, boasting a 12MP and 2X optical zoom and digital zoom up to 10X.
8. The home button is redesigned to respond to force touch with the haptic engine, rather than an actual button.
9. For music lovers, the iPhone 7 has a new stereo system that is 2X louder than the iPhone 6 and features dual speakers.
10. Better invest in headphones that support a lightning port, wireless headphones or the new AirPods (see #14 for more details). The iPhone 7 doesn’t have a 3.5mm headphone jack. Don’t freak out: remember when computers stopped having CD drives? We survived. Plus Apple is providing a 3.5mm to lightning dongle with each new iPhone.
Beginning Friday, you can order iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus. The devices will ship on Sept. 16, with availability coming in the next several weeks for other countries. Details are available from Apple here.
Apple Watch Series 2 & Apple Watch Nike+
11. The newest Apple Watch, called Series 2, features GPS, a brighter display and water resistance up to 50 meters.
For swimmers, new algorithms will ensure no one misses out on completing their rings in the activity tracker. For runners, built-in GPS means you can leave your iPhone at home and still immediately start and track your route, speed and activity levels. The brighter display will come in handy on sunny days.
12. Apple is also delivering exclusive Nike bands and integration with Nike+ Run Club. This integration allows users to receive personalized coaching and guidance while connecting with friends to track progress.
Apple Watch Series 2 will be available in 25-plus countries on Sept. 16. Apple Watch Nike+ will be available in late October. Read more about Apple Watch Series 2 and Apple Watch Nike+ on Apple’s website.
13. Mario Comes to iOS: Iconic video game designer Shigeru Miyamoto from Nintendo was on stage to introduce Mario Run for iOS—a new app that brings the beloved Mario to iPhone for gamers.
14. AirPods: Apple also introduced a new product called AirPods, providing wireless audio that is ready to work with your iPhone and Apple Watch. Enabled by the new Apple W1 chip, AirPods will be available in late October
15. Pokémon Go for Apple Watch: With a focus on fitness, Nianic Labs introduced the app for Apple Watch. With more than 500 million downloads since the launch earlier this year, players will now be able to know when they are approaching a pokémon or pokéstop.
Because you liked this blog: