VMware today announced an expansion of our Safe Passage Program to Good for Enterprise organizations. This program helps you perform due diligence and plan your migration. We also announced a mobile device management (MDM) migration tool and service to help IT migrate from Good for Enterprise to VMware AirWatch. Now, you can secure business email and enable MDM with minimal user intervention or impact.
As you may have heard, BlackBerry announced the end of life for its enterprise mobility management (EMM) solution, Good for Enterprise (GFE). Many customers are looking at a rip and replace of their EMM infrastructure: they can choose to re-invest with BlackBerry or evaluate new vendors with an advanced approach to EMM and unified endpoint management. VMware offers a better path forward with AirWatch.
Head to our Good Safe Passage page to read Gartner’s 2016 Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Mobility Management and see how AirWatch provides multiple options to secure your email data and email infrastructure.
Advantages of AirWatch include:
- A single integrated EMM platform.
- Stay with an on premise deployment, or move to the leading EMM cloud service.
- Stable and secure Office 365 support.
- Support secure native email or upgrade to enterprise class VMware Boxer, loved by users.
- Multiple container options to suit your needs, including the AirWatch Container or native operating system (OS) containerization (i.e. iOS managed apps and Android for Work).
- Multiple MDM profile options, including our new Workspace Services profile to manage apps without impacting the personal device and user privacy.
- Unify endpoint management across mobile devices and Windows 10 PCs, including full patch and software distribution.
VMware Unleashes New Innovations for AirWatch Customers
VMware made a massive investment in AirWatch as a central integrated component of its End-User Computing (EUC) portfolio. This investment means a rapid rate of EMM innovation for customers. VMware also implemented critical and complementary technology integrations, such as VMware Identity Manager and VMware Horizon desktop and app virtualization.
Our vision is that customers’ mobile journeys end with a digital workspace, where any device—smartphones, tablets and PCs—access any app with seamless single sign-on (SSO) and strong authentication. That vision is available today in VMware Workspace ONE, which includes:
- VMware Identity Manager integration for SSO across cloud, mobile, web and virtual applications.
- Containerized productivity apps portfolio, including VMware Boxer email, AirWatch Content Locker file access, VMware Socialcast collaboration and more.
- Horizon for virtualized desktop and application access on any device.
- Open platform integration with dozens of vendors across security, identity, developer tools and ISV applications.
- Integration with VMware NSX to secure connectivity of any app to backend application servers through dynamic micro-segmentation.
Good Technology Customers Migrate to AirWatch
VMware EUC experienced unprecedented growth since the acquisition of AirWatch. In fact, VMware was named the #1 market share EMM leader, growing over 80% year-over-year in 2015. The same report showed the combined businesses of BlackBerry and Good Technology declining almost 5% year-over-year. As the sheer numbers indicate, many Good for Enterprise customers migrated to AirWatch.
Contact your company’s VMware account manager or register for Good Safe Passage to plan your AirWatch migration today.