October’s Apple Special Event was short, but certainly sweet for Apple MacBook Pro fans.
Alongside a new Apple TV app aptly named TV, Apple’s October event centered on the brand new and much-anticipated MacBook Pro. And it was well worth the wait.
3 Stand-Out Features in the New MacBook Pro
It’s been a year and a half since the last major MacBook Pro announcement (a veritable lifetime in the tech world). MacBook Pro users everywhere have been waiting patiently (or not so patiently) for the new innovations and productivity-enhancing features that make us love Apple so much. Here are three of the stand-out new MacBook Pro features:
1. Touch Bar
Oh my emoji.
In a nutshell, the new OLED Touch Bar brings all the touch-to-do features we love on the iPhone and iPad to the MacBook Pro. The function keys at the top of the keyboard have been replaced by a touch-sensitive bar that offers up contextual-based options.
A few contextual workflow examples:
- In Mail, reply or reply all right with a touch.
- When typing, Touch Bar offers a few Quick Typing suggestions.
- Sending a text? Your Touch Bar serves up some appropriate emoji options.
- In Safari, navigate to a bookmarked page or preview your tabs.
- Need directions? Ask Siri with a touch on the new MacBook Pro.
The integration of the new Touch Bar also enables a new security + easy-of-use capability: TouchID.
By integrating into the traditional power button, the new MacBook Pro TouchID capabilities also allow you to:
- Authenticate and unlock via fingerprint;
- Swap between multiple users;
- Authorize Apple Pay payments online; and
- Unlock your MacBook Pro from a MacID-enabled iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch nearby.
3. Speed, Precision & Visuals
“It’s faster and more powerful than before, yet remarkably thinner and lighter. It has the brightest, most colorful Mac notebook display ever.”
—Apple on the MacBook Pro
For fellow speeds and feeds junkies, here’s what Apple boasts for the new MacBook Pro:
- 130% faster graphics, based on an Apple test of 2.8GHz quad-core Intel Core i7-based 15-inch MacBook Pro units with Radeon R9 M370X graphics, 2GB graphics memory and a 1TB SSD.
- Up to 3.8GHz Turbo Boost processing.
- Up to 100% faster flash storage, based on an Apple test on 3.1GHz dual-core Intel Core i7-based 13-inch MacBook Pro units.
- Up to 10 hours of battery life (fine print here).
- With PG color display, view 25% more colors than standard RGB.
The new MacBook Pro 15- and 13-inch options are on sale today and expected to start shipping in 2-3 weeks. For our AirWatch Blog readers, that probably means that you’ll be adding them to your unified endpoint management strategy. Never fear. We’ve got your mobile business covered.
Because you liked this blog: