The Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) granted VMware AirWatch with an Authority to Operate (ATO) to deliver federal enterprise mobility management (EMM) solutions from the cloud.
Following a rigorous application process, AirWatch and its sponsor, the U.S. Census Bureau, partnered with leading FedRAMP-certified 3PAO audit firm, Coalfire Systems, to build and validate a fully compliant FedRAMP EMM offering. AirWatch is the second EMM vendor in the market to achieve this distinction.
Federal agencies interested in cloud-based EMM must partner with a FedRAMP-certified solution provider. For agencies at state and local levels, working with FedRAMP ATO EMM vendor provides an extra measure of trust in the overall security of the solution.
Reliance on legacy end-user computing (EUC) and new digital transformation initiatives in government are much-discussed topics. Cloud-based computing, storage and management models are gaining traction in government. For agencies at all levels and of all sizes, the modern digital workspace framework leverages mobile-cloud IT infrastructure to power remote access to internal apps and resources.
As a quick refresher, the cloud helps government agencies derive several unique benefits, including:
- Strengthening data security
- Automating compliance, monitoring and remediation
- Reducing storage and hardware costs
- Bridging legacy and mobile-cloud workflows
- Enabling secure remote access to internal resources across a variety of users including teleworkers, shift workers, and field workers
- Increasing operational efficiencies, including support for shared services and reductions in OPEX
- Centralizing and streamlining data, app and device management
- Maintaining COOP and high availability
- Promoting green initiatives
- Enhancing user experience across devices
- Improving service delivery and response
Through cloud-based application delivery and management, all government customers can now take full advantage of the simplicity, flexibility and security that an AirWatch EMM deployment provides.
For more information on how your agency can leverage AirWatch to secure, deploy and manage data and applications across devices, users and locations, visit airwatch.com/industries/federal-government/.