In case you missed it, we announced VMware AirWatch 9.0 at Connect Atlanta a little over a month ago. This week, we are excited to share that AirWatch version 9.0 is now generally available.
Our experts will take you through the major product features and updates, including unified endpoint management for Windows 10, augmented reality device support, mobile app management and much more.
AirWatch 9.0: Transforming the Digital Workspace
Dec. 1 at 1 p.m. EST
In case you missed our huge announcements at Connect, here are the highlights of this monumental release:
VMware AirWatch Unified Endpoint Management
With AirWatch Unified Endpoint Management (UEM), we provide a holistic and user-centric approach to manage all endpoints in an organization—mobile, desktop and IoT—in a modern cloud approach with a single platform. Dive deeper into AirWatch UEM here.
As part of the UEM innovations, we also integrated enhancements for all the major operating systems (OS)—particularly Windows 10.
- Configuration management
- Software distribution
- Tech preview of App Stack packaging
- OS patch management
- Client health and security
- Windows 10 migration assessment tool
IoT & AR Management
AirWatch 9.0 supports a variety of new devices and apps within the Internet of Things (IoT), including:
- Partnerships with major smart glass and augmented reality app leaders, including Atheer, APX, Intel, ODG and VUZIX Corp., for Android and Windows 10 app management and deliver at scale.
- Management of wearables right alongside mobile, tablet and laptop deployments.
- Windows 10 IoT and Surface Hub devices.
- Console user interface (UI) updates and new set-up wizards
- Resources profiles to apply the same profile settings to multiple platforms
- Nuanced wipe management
- More granular data collection options
- Issue certificates from AirWatch
- Performance improvements
- New APIs exposed
Because you liked this blog: