The VMware AirWatch enterprise mobility management solution once again ranked as a top player in this year’s Radicati Market Quadrant for EMM. Radicati, a technology industry research firm, positioned AirWatch in the highest spot along both axes for functionality and strategic vision. This report marks the sixth year AirWatch ranked as a top player, demonstrating a continued commitment to innovation in the evolving EMM industry.
According to Radicati, top players are the current market leaders that not only offer robust solutions now, but also visionary solutions for the future. Here are five reasons why Radicati ranked AirWatch as a top player in the EMM market for 2017:
1. Unified endpoint management: Through a single console, IT admins can manage a wide variety of devices and operating systems, from iOS smartphones and Android wearables to Windows 10 laptops.
2. Digital workspaces: The AirWatch platform also powers VMware Workspace ONE. With this secure digital workspace, organizations can manage bring-your-own (BYO) and corporate-owned devices, mobile apps, identity, data and compliance. Radicati noted that even non-compliant devices without a network connection can be remotely wiped with AirWatch.
3. Comprehensive mobile ecosystem: Alongside comprehensive support for various operating systems, AirWatch integrates with leading technology vendors and custom enterprise apps via the AirWatch software development kit (SDK). AirWatch Content Locker, for example, integrates with Microsoft SharePoint, Office 365, Box, Dropbox and other content repositories. This strong mobile ecosystem helps users securely access all corporate content from a single mobile app.
4. Data loss prevention: In addition to Content Locker, Radicati also called out AirWatch support for email access and management, as well as the secure VMware Browser. These features and secure productivity apps allow users quick and secure access to corporate resources.
5. Flexible deployment: Customers deploy AirWatch as a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), on premises or hybrid cloud solution to meet each organization’s unique needs—from the SMB to large enterprise.
At this stage, top players must fight complacency and continue to innovate, according to Radicati.