Google plans to ramp up Android security in 2017.
Google shared in a security year in review post this week that, “About half of devices in use at the end of 2016 had not received a platform security update in the previous year.” To improve that number, Google plans to make it easier for both manufacturers and their more than 1.4 billion users to deploy and apply security patches this year.
Google also noted that, “Google Play continues to be the safest place for Android users to download their apps.” Devices that downloaded apps only from Google Play had a year-over-year decrease in Potentially Harmful Apps (PHAs) installed, while total Android devices showed a slight increase in PHAs present.
— Google (@Google) March 22, 2017
SIY: Secure It Yourself.
It’s about time all smartphone users take mobile security seriously. So we rounded up seven simple ways to secure your smartphone, plus special considerations for enterprise IT admins. Step one, disk encryption …
AirWatch mobile device management (MDM) and the AirWatch MDM Agent underwent rigorous testing last month and earned NIAP Common Criteria Certification. We’re delighted to provide technology that meets the highest regulatory standards and strictest security requirements.
Welcome to admin’s adventures in enrollment land.
Do you feel like you’re going down a rabbit hole figuring out Apple Device Enrollment Program (DEP) configurations for iOS enrollment? Follow one of these four common enrollment scenarios, along with the AirWatch settings for each recommended by our expert.
This isn’t a popularity contest, but …
Apple iPhone 6s was the best-selling smartphone of 2016, according to an IHS Markit analysis. Samsung smartphones also accounted for half of the 10 most popular devices of 2016.
Here’s the game plan:
- Attending the VMware-sponsored mobility track at Enterprise Connect in Orlando? Find us at booth 1007 at the expo, March 27–29.
- Join VMware and KuppingerCole this Tuesday for a webinar on Creating Secure and Unified Next-Generation Workspaces.
- Starting March 30, we’re kicking off our free, interactive hands-on labs where you’ll get step-by-step guidance on AirWatch and Workspace ONE. Register for a VMware SociaLab in your city.
- Discover your path to VMware Workspace ONE using AirWatch during our April 12 webinar. Register to Achieve Your Digital Workspace Goals: Episode 2.
- Last week, we announced a new AirWatch release. Now, sign up for our webinar to see the enhancements in AirWatch 9.1 on April 19.
- Act fast to catch EUC Insights 2017 on demand!