Sorry, Fitbit, there’s a new sheriff in town.
With nearly 60% growth in shipments in Q1 this year, Apple Watch officially became the king of the consumer wearables castle, according to CNBC. Fitbit, which was the long-time market leader, dropped to second after a 35% decline in Q1.
Get the mobile news in your inbox FREE every Friday. Just enter your email to the right.
This is not the password you’re looking for.
A little post-Star Wars Day reference to lighten what is a painful, soul-sucking experience for mobile workers everywhere. You know it. We know it. Juggling passwords and jumping through log-in hoops is a pain. Thankfully, the force is with us.
A new survey revealed the top 10 identity and access management challenges for IT—and a new way forward for easier and more secure access from anywhere.
S is for security.
Microsoft introduced a new cloud-based version of Windows 10 this week: Windows 10 S.
VMware’s Aditya Kunduri breaks down the new operating system (OS):
“At its core, the “S” stands for simplicity and security, and fully embraces the modern, mobile-cloud architecture and management model.”
IoT to the rescue.
Lovingly called Internet 4.0 by the guys in the know, the Internet of Things (IoT) is more than just things. This new movement in our technology evolution has the potential to change the way we do everything.
Dive into a microcosm of the vast Internet 4.0 world with a sneak peek into how it impacts supply chains. Because, hey, if I can get my Prime delivery of soap, ketchup and socks even faster, I’m in.
Take it to the next level.
Of network security, that is. VMware AirWatch senior solutions architect Shardul Navare answers those questions we’ve all been asking:
- What actually does micro-segmentation mean?
- What tech do I need to make our mobile deployment secure from device to data center?
- How does VMware NSX work with AirWatch?
Coming Up Next:
- Dell EMC World, booth 1143, May 8–11 in Vegas
- Citrix Synergy, booth 309, May 23-25 in Orlando
- VMware SociaLabs, May 23 (San Diego), June 6 (Reston) & June 20 (Halifax)
- Boston Summer VMUG UserCon, June 1
- Unlocking Mobility with Derived Credentials & VMware AirWatch, June 23 online
- VMworld 2017, Aug. 27–31 in Vegas