More than 500 million endpoints now run Windows 10, according to Microsoft. The majority of organizations around the world are actively migrating or mapping out their journey to Windows 10.
In speaking with thousands of our customers, here are some of the most common questions we hear:
- Why is Microsoft pushing modern management for Windows 10?
- What are the value drivers to move to Windows 10 and a modern management approach?
- How do I accelerate my organization’s migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10?
- Why is VMware talking about Windows 10 management, and what capabilities have you introduced lately?
- How is your solution different than traditional PC lifecycle management and other mobile device management solutions?
- What can I learn from other customers who are already managing or actively migrating to Windows 10?
To help customers address these questions and more, we’ve put together the suggested itinerary below so you can make the most of your time at VMworld. With this much content, we don’t leave much time for bathroom breaks, lunch, networking or sleep. Since all those are necessary, we encourage you to pick and choose the sessions that will bring you and your organization the most value over the next year.
Itinerary for Windows 10 at VMworld 2017
Sunday, Aug. 27
- 7 a.m.–7 p.m., Registration Open
- 7 a.m.–6 p.m., Hands-on Lab: AirWatch UEM for Windows 10 (Add #SPL185702U)
- 1–4 p.m., Industry Workshops: Healthcare (Add #IND6501U), Retail IT (Add #IND6503U), Government (Add #IND6500U) and Financial Services (Add #IND6502U)
- 5–7:30 p.m., VMworld Welcome Reception and Solution Exchange
Monday, Aug. 28
- 7:30 a.m.–6 p.m., Registration Open
- 9–10:30 a.m., Day 1 General Session: Good Technologists Solve Problems. Great Innovators Create Opportunities. Join VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger and COO Sanjay Poonen, and hear from a special customer migrating tens of thousands of endpoints to Windows 10.
- 2–3 p.m., Technical Breakout Session: Best Practices in Migrating Windows 7 to Windows 10 (Add #UEM1359BU). Join Mark Margevicius, director of EUC strategy and chief customer advocate at VMware, to explore the best practices you need to adopt for your Windows 10 migrations.
- 3:30–5 p.m., Showcase Keynote: Delivering New User Experiences with Digital Workspaces (Add #EDW7002KU). Join EUC SVP & GM Sumit Dhawan to learn how forward-thinking IT organizations are creating digital workspace strategies to harness the power of new apps, devices and connected things to transform business processes and drive engagement and productivity for every employee.
- 5–6 p.m., Business Breakout Session: The ROI Driver: Transition from Cost Center to Business Driver with AirWatch for Windows 10 (Add #UEM1798BU). In this session, we will showcase the return on investment opportunity and highlight real-world examples of the benefits in modernizing Windows 10 management with AirWatch.
Tuesday, Aug. 29
- 9–10:30 a.m., Day 2 General Session: Technology Innovation is What Keeps Companies Competitive. Join CEO Pat Gelsinger and CTO Ray O’Farrell to dive deeper into the transformation from industry laggard to leader by embracing VMware, partner and open-source technologies.
- 11 a.m.–12 p.m., Technical Breakout Session: How Dell and VMware Help You Reimagine Windows 10 Deployments (Add #UEM1833BU). Join Jason Roszak, product manager for Windows 10 at VMware, as he demonstrates how Dell and VMware together change what’s possible for organizations deploying Windows 10, and the value of AirWatch and Dell hardware and software.
- 12:30–1:30 p.m., Business Breakout Session: How Customers Overcame Challenges and Seized Opportunity with Windows 10 (Add #UEM1797PU). Join VMware EUC executive Mark Margevicius and pioneers at Capital One, Coca-Cola and Mecklenburg County as they discuss the benefits and overcoming challenges in migrating to Windows 10, and the value created from a modern management approach.
- 2–3 p.m., Technical Breakout Session: An Insider’s View into Windows 10 Management with AirWatch: A Technical Deep Dive (Add #UEM1745BU). Join Jason Roszak, product manager for Windows 10 at VMware, as he provides a technical deep dive into the enhancements that have been added to Windows 10, such as enrollment, application delivery, patch management and more.
- 3:30–4:30 p.m., Spotlight Session: The Evolution of Endpoint Management Within a Digital Workspace (Add #UEM3155SU). Join EUC executive Noah Wasmer and industry pioneers from Capital One, NTT DoCoMo and Siemens AG as they collectively explore the evolution of UEM and discuss the journey to radically transform PC management.
- 5–6 p.m., Business Breakout Session: Secure Your Windows 10 and Office 365 Deployment with VMware Security Solutions (Add #SIE3197BU). Join VMware EUC product manager Jason Roszak and a pioneer from Mecklenburg County as they discuss unified management of smartphones, tablets, PCs and virtual desktops, and best practices for rolling out Windows 10 and Office 365.
Wednesday, Aug. 30
- 8 a.m.–5 p.m., Self-Paced Hands-on Lab: AirWatch UEM for Windows 10 (Add #SPL185702U)
- 9:30–10:30 a.m., Technical Breakout Session: Today’s Cyberthreat Revolution: How VMware Elevates Your Windows Security Architecture (Add #UEM1830BU). Join VMware EUC solutions architect Josue Negron as he outlines how organizations can take an end-to-end security approach with VMware for Windows 10 to address modern challenges.
- 10 a.m.–5 p.m., Solution Exchange & Certification Exam Center Open
- 12:30–1:30 p.m., Technical Breakout Session: Cut the Cost with Cloud-First, Scalable Windows Software Distribution (Add #UEM1827BU). Join VMware EUC product manager Jason Roszak and Adaptiva founder & CTO Deepak Kumar to learn how Windows software distribution capabilities create a more efficient and enterprise-scalable deployment experience.
- 7–11 p.m., Customer Appreciation Party
Thursday, Aug. 31
- 8 a.m.–3 p.m., Self-Paced Hands-on Lab: AirWatch UEM for Windows 10 (Add #SPL185702U)
- 8 a.m.–3 p.m., Certification Exam Center Open
- 9–10 a.m., Day 4 General Session: It’s all Natural. Join visionary researchers Hugh Herr of MIT, Rana el Kaliouby of the University of Cambridge and Peter Weinstock of Boston Children’s Hospital as they reveal their world of natural machines that have already arrived.