Mobile technology is changing by the minute; sometimes you just can’t catch it all. Here’s what you might have missed this week:
- What a week it has been. Some exciting news came out of Mobile World Congress this week, including the closing of the VMware acquisition. You can read the official press release here or The VAR Guy”s take on the acquisition here. AirWatch also announced integration with Intel Device Protection Technology for Android devices – learn more about the Intel integration here.
- Want your scoop of the latest gadgets that sparked interest at Mobile World Congress? Read CNN”s take on the hottest gadgets on display this year.
- Check out the Phil Goldstein”s piece for Fierce Wireless titled, AirWatch Chairman on BlackBerry: “Hope is not a strategy”.
- Jack is back, not Bauer from 24, but Madden, the EMM specialist over at brianmadden.com. He”s got you covered with his recap of all things EMM at Mobile World Congress.
- Boeing is developing a phone? Yup, the Boeing Black – and even better, the phone is designed to self-destruct.
- Datamation”s Pedro Hernandez highlights AirWatch”s integration with the new Intel-Powered Android devices. Read the full piece here.
- AirWatch was recently crowned Best Enterprise Mobility Service by GSMA. As for the rest of the winners, PCR has you covered. Head over to globalmobileawards.com to watch the awards video.
- Is 2014 the year of wearable tech? The devices were certainly the topic of many conversations at this year”s Mobile World Congress. Check our Re/code”s great write up of all the wearable tech at the this year”s MWC.
- If you haven”t heard, AirWatch recently integrated with EyeVerify to provide eye vein integration for Secure Content Locker, AirWatch”s enterprise file sync and share application. Pretty cool right? cNet picked up the story, you can read their take on the new verification method here.
- Apple also released its new Device Enrollment Program and launched a new IT in education page. Speaking of education, check out Preston Winn as he talks mobility and BYOD in education with TeacherCast.
AirWatch at Mobile World Congress
We”ve been covering the event live, so we thought we”d package up all our Mobile World Congress coverage neatly for your reading pleasure. Check out the coverage below:
- AirWatch Connect at MWC 2014: A hotbed of enterprise mobility innovation
- Video: What to expect at Mobile World Congress 2014
- Win free passes to MWC 2015: Take the AirWatch File Sync and Share Survey
- Video: The build-out of AirWatch Connect Barcelona
- It’s official: AirWatch and VMware finalize acquisition
- AirWatch adds eye vein verification method to Secure Content Locker
- Video: John Marshall presents “The Future of Mobile Innovation” at AirWatch Connect Barcelona
- Privacy-oriented Blackphone is MDM agnostic, offers BYOD solution
- GSMA names AirWatch 7.0 Best Enterprise Mobile Service
- Building the mobile-cloud future: EMC and VMware execs speak at MWC
- AirWatch wins SC Magazine’s Best Mobile Security Solution
- John Marshall speaks with RCR Wireless about the VMware acquisition
@AirWatch Tweet of the Week
— VMware Horizon View (@vmwareview) February 25, 2014
March 19, 2014 1:00 pm EST (New York, GMT-04:00)
P.S. Don”t forget to sign up for the AirWatch Weekly Newsletter!