Just minutes following the public release of iOS 8, AirWatch announced that all AirWatch cloud environments have instant and comprehensive support for Apple’s latest operating system update. With iOS 8, Apple introduced new security and management capabilities for mobile device management, which organizations can implement instantly on a global scale using AirWatch.
As soon as BYOD users update to iOS 8, they will have instant access to the AirWatch platform in 17 languages. AirWatch is now enabling enterprises to implement the following capabilities in iOS 8:
- Always-on VPN to automatically connect users to the company VPN for access to corporate resources.
- Single sign-on certificate-support that enables users to easily switch between enterprise applications.
- Per message S/MIME to allow users to sign individual messages for more granular email encryption.
- Administrative capabilities to prevent users from editing restrictions in the settings menu on the device.
- New device queries, such as last iCloud backup, to give administrators additional oversight.
- Enhanced settings and enrollment information to increase device management transparency for users.
Content (Document Management)
- Document provider APIs to make it easy for developers to create seamless access to corporate documents.
- Download restrictions to prevent users from opening content on enterprise domains in third party applications.
- Automatic distribution of iBooks, ePub, and PDF documents pushed through AirWatch to user devices.
“Organizations recognize they can no longer wait even a day to support major mobile operating system updates across their corporate owned and bring your own device populations,” AirWatch SVP and GM John Marshall said in the press release. “This is why AirWatch is setting the new standard for the enterprise mobility industry by offering instant support for iOS 8 to fully enable the latest feature sets that maximize both security and end-user productivity.”
AirWatch provides organizations with instant support for iOS 8 capabilities in real-time across all global production cloud environments in the 14 AirWatch data centers globally. Software is available now for on-premises customers to download in myairwatch.