1. iPhone is the belle of the mobile earnings ball.
On Tuesday, Apple said booming iPhone sales and rising demand—particularly in China— contributed to a 31% increase in profit last quarter. Read the WSJ report here.
2. VMware KO’s unproductive work email with Boxer acquisition.
By incorporating Boxer into the AirWatch business mobility suite, TechCrunch reporter Ron Miller wrote: “AirWatch now covers it all, providing a smarter email app for companies that want it along with security for whatever other mobile apps they happen to be using.” Read the story here.
3. Dell announced its intent to acquire EMC. What does that mean for end-user computing?
October’s Dell-EMC announcement came with a $67 billion price tag. Colin Steele @ TechTarget wrote, “With VMware in its corner, Dell could set itself apart, offering one-stop shopping for IT departments that want to embrace the next generation of endpoint management.” Read Dell’s announcement here.
4. Contain(erize) your biz’s mobile excitement. Or maybe not…
AirWatch’s Kabir Barday takes us to school on common BYOD misconceptions and unveils the truth about containerization in the enterprise. Get the facts here.
5. Comcast announces that it might join in the wireless craze.
With those crazy kids streaming instead of cable-ing, WSJ’s Shalina Ramachandran reports that the move could help the cable giant target younger consumers. Click here to read the full article.
6. Also in the realm of is-this-good-or-actually-terrifying…
Did you know there were 5.2 million smartphones lost or stolen in the U.S. alone last year? New infographic reveals the haunting reality of mobile security—and it’s downright terrifying, my friends. Check out the infographic here.
7. IoT brings us the most delicious drink ever created: Cherry Vanilla Coke Zero.
Disagree with my fave beverage treat if you must, but the Coca-Cola Freestyle is the most delicious IoT innovation yet. Click here to watch the video.
8. Speaking of tech from the future, Noah gazed into the business mobility future. And it was awesome.
Noah—AirWatch’s CTO— predicts that two big summer announcements will completely the way the business tech world manages laptops. (Hint: One of these starts with a “W” and ends with a “10.”) Click here to read more.
9. Enough of the future. How about this new oldie, but goodie: AirWatch Connect Atlanta.
#AWConnect fans, can you spot yourself in this video of AirWatch’s biggest business mobility event ever? Click here to watch the video.
10. And, last but not least, remember when Microsoft blew our minds by announcing a laptop?
At its Windows 10 event last month, Microsoft shocked the crowd by announcing the creation of the Surface Book—the super-powered laptop cousin of the Surface Pro. Check out Gabrielle’s wrap-up of all the Microsoft announcement coverage.
Sign up for our free newsletter to get all the biggest mobile trends and news in your inbox. Just enter your email at the very tippy-toppy right of your screen.