We’ve been at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona for three days now, but with the hours jam-packed with sessions, demos and walking the halls of Fira Gran Via, it feels like it’s been three weeks! For the VMware AirWatch team, Day 3 brought another slew of highlights – read on below for our top five moments of the day!
5 Best Moments from Day 3 of MWC
- Getting a crash course on the digital workspace from Sanjay Poonen. We’ve made quite a few announcements at VMware over the past few weeks, and Sanjay, our EVP and General Manager of End-User Computing at VMware, tied everything from the Workspace ONE announcement to the #AppConfig Community together into one cohesive vision for the future of end-user computing.
- Catching up with today’s top influencers on the VMware TV set. All week at MWC, we’ve been interviewing leaders in the mobility market on VMware TV – from Pat Gelsinger, CEO of VMware, to Nick McQuire, Vice President of Enterprise Research at CCS Insights, the VMware TV set has become a veritable who’s who in enterprise mobility. Catch all of the interviews on our YouTube page.
- Getting real advice on how to enable the smart workforce. This afternoon’s panel session featuring leaders from AT&T, IBM, VMware, Bigtincan, Samsung and ABI Research focused on how companies should be using mobility, analytics and IoT to enable their employees to be more productive. The biggest takeaway was that enterprises need to look at their employees as consumers and use analytics from a variety of applications to optimize their mobile deployments.
— Brian Katz (@bmkatz) February 24, 2016
- Riding the virtual reality wave (or roller coaster). Between Samsung’s VR roller coaster, SK Telecom’s Extreme Submarine, GSMA’s Innovation City and more, there was no shortage of virtual reality experiences this week at MWC. One of my favorite parts of the week was being transported out of Barcelona for a few minutes and into theme parks, oceans and connected cities. I personally can’t wait to see how VR technology is incorporated into the enterprise in the coming years.
— VMware (@VMware) February 24, 2016
- Debriefing with the Twitter world during the #MWCmobile chat. As the conference starts to wind down, it’s always helpful to hear from others about what they saw, learned and experienced onsite. The #MWCmobile twitter chat provided just that, while also engaging others from across the pond who weren’t able to attend MWC this year. Overall, it seems that virtual reality (again), 5G and IoT were the key trends that people are most intrigued by and excited about.
— Justin Grimsley (@justingrimsley) February 24, 2016
Thanks for following along in our coverage of Mobile World Congress 2016! Stay tuned for our full video recap and more blog coverage on the topics we touched on this week. As always, feel free to leave a comment or tweet at us @AirWatch to let us know what you’d like to read more about on the AirWatch Blog!