Accelerating business mobility, supporting the mobile ecosystem, empowering end users to be more productive, revolutionizing the way you do business: as leaders in your industries, these are priorities to your mobile strategies. That’s why VMware AirWatch is committed to advancing these goals—even in as little as three months.
Because technology continues to rapidly change, you need a partner that helps you rapidly adopt with it. Here’s how we’ve delivered on these goals in the third quarter this year.
Accelerating Business Mobility
- AirWatch Express Available: Why can’t mobile device setup be more like the “TurboTax” process—quick and easy? On Aug. 2, VMware launched a simple, affordable mobile device management solution for companies with limited technology resources. Step-by-step wizards and blueprints help companies of all sizes quickly deliver apps and email and configure Wi-Fi for employees.
The growth of mobile is being felt in companies of all sizes, and MDM solutions are becoming a necessary part of a strong mobile strategy.
—Conner Forrest, News Editor, TechRepublic
- AirWatch & Samsung Bundles Available: To accelerate the deployment of Android at Work in the enterprise, AirWatch made a new bundle available on Sept. 8. For a limited time, Samsung Galaxy devices available through AT&T and Sprint included a free, one-year subscription of AirWatch.
During Connect Atlanta 2016 keynotes and sessions, Samsung and VMWare will present a full, end-to-end solution that combines the best-in-class device security of Samsung Knox with the manageability of AirWatch to support a full range of mobile devices. You can also stop by the Samsung Booth (#139) for more details.
Supporting the Mobile Ecosystem
- Same-Day Support for Anniversary Update: The Windows 10 Anniversary Update on Aug. 2 introduced new features like Windows Information Protection, Windows Hello for apps and websites and Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection. AirWatch advanced capabilities for Windows 10 ensures corporate data is protected and user data is private.
- Same-Day Support for Samsung Galaxy Note7: AirWatch support for Samsung’s powerful new device was available on Aug. 5. 256GB storage, an enhanced S pen and Samsung Knox defense-grade security make it enterprise-ready.
- Same-Day Support for Android 7.0: The world got a little sweeter with the release of Google’s Android Nougat on Aug. 24. Enhanced data protection, improved management and increased control for employees makes work easier than ever to access and secure on Android devices.
- Same-Day Support for iOS 10: On Sept. 13, iOS 10 introduced new management features for Apple and AirWatch customers. Plus, users got new productivity features, including raise to wake, rich notifications and messaging udpates.
- Same-Day Support for macOS Sierra: Then on Sept. 20, Apple’s newest macOS made available new restrictions and additional device enrollment options.
— VMware AirWatch (@AirWatch) September 28, 2016
Empowering End Users to Be More Productive
- New User Experience on Socialcast: VMware announced a completely new experience for Socialcast users on July 21. The enterprise chat and social platform includes a redesigned user interface, new chat features and an enhanced mobile experience.
- Social Software Leader: Socialcast, part of VMware Workspace ONE, was ranked a leader in The Aragon Research Globe for Social Software, 2016. We made the report available for free on Sept. 23, which details the robust capabilities for the collaborative enterprise.
Revolutionizing the Way Companies Do Business
- Introducing Unified Endpoint Management: On Aug. 30 at VMworld, VMware introduced a new way to manage end-user computing environments: unified endpoint management (UEM). VMware’s UEM technologies advance Windows 10 management, transform software distribution and application packaging, add flexibility to operating system update and patch management and enhance client health and security.
- Hybrid Cloud Trends Revealed: We released exclusive results on Sept. 7 of a VMware survey on cloud adoption. More than 1,000 enterprises responded, and the results reveal rising demands for hybrid computing and better user experiences.
— VMware AirWatch (@AirWatch) September 29, 2016
- Free Windows 10 Migration Assessment: On Sept. 26 at Microsoft Ignite, VMware made the SysTrack Desktop Assessment Service available for free to customers planning a Windows 10 migration. The quantitative analysis helps you plan an easier, faster Windows 10 migration and optimize Windows 10 for better end-user experiences and stronger security.
Expect bigger news from Connect Atlanta 2016. Register now to be there.