VMworld 2016 continues its march across the globe, this week in Barcelona. The massive technology conference is in its final annual leg, but the VMware End-User Computing (EUC) team saved some of its biggest news for last.
Here are the top 4 digital workspace and mobility news headlines coming out of VMworld Europe 2016.
1. Introducing VMware Workspace ONE Essentials
The digital workspace is different for every user and every business. To help businesses solve one of the biggest mobility conundrums—bring your own device (BYOD)—VMware introduced a new product into its digital workspace portfolio: Workspace ONE Essentials.
“In short, Workspace ONE Essentials enables organizations with BYO and unmanaged end-user populations to gain significant benefits from delivering a better user experience with enhanced security and control.” —Josue Fontanez, VMware EUC senior product line marketing manager
The new addition to the Workspace ONE portfolio includes:
- Self-service app catalogue and mobile app launcher
- Single sign-on (SSO) with basic conditional access
- Multi-factor authentication
- Reporting and analytics
Want to take it for a test drive? Click here for a custom demo.
2. VMware & Microsoft Collaborate for an “Even Better” Skype for Business Experience
VMware and Microsoft announced a new joint effort at VMworld Europe, designed to help businesses deliver an even better Skype for Business experience to workers. Here are the four major benefits:
1. Secure collaboration
2. Simple management, control and deployment
3. Consistently great user experience
4. Lower overall infrastructure costs
Watch Microsoft and VMware EUC CTOs Raj Gopalakrishnan and Shawn Bass talk about this exciting new collaboration over (what else?) Skype for Business in this quick video:
Sign up for the tech preview to start experiencing the four major benefits of Skype for Business and VMware Horizon in your business.
3. New Workspace ONE Enhancements Further Secure Office 365 Access across Endpoints
Later this quarter, VMware will continue its focus on enabling secure Office 365 deployments for customers. With Workspace ONE, customers will be able to:
- Automatically de-provision Office 365 and G Suite (formally known as Google Apps) when employees leave the company.
- Step up two-factor authentication security with VMware Verify.
- Enable adaptive management security, such as blocking access to business apps suites like Office 365 from unmanaged devices.
- Deny access to corporate apps and intellectual property from noncompliant devices.
- Advanced data leak protection (DLP) to encrypt data, inhibit email movement, prevent attachment opening in personal apps and set DLP policies, like copy/paste and open-in controls.
4. SSO to All Apps—Even Legacy Applications
In the last of today’s exciting VMworld Europe EUC announcements, VMware announced a new collaboration with F5 to enable secure SSO access to all business apps through Workspace ONE.
“By enabling secure single sign-on (SSO) for cloud native, mobile and legacy apps, VMware Workspace ONE and F5 BIG-IP Access Policy Manager (APM) help workers securely access all the apps they need on any device anywhere.” —Ben Siler, VMware EUC product manager
Stay Tuned for More News from VMworld Europe
VMworld Europe is just getting started. Sign up for the AirWatch Blog newsletter at the top of your screen, or head over to our sister EUC Blog here to hear the news as it happens.
Because you liked this blog:
- Watch Connect Atlanta 2016 Keynotes Presentations On Demand
- Monumental AirWatch 9.0 & Workspace ONE Updates Bring the Digital Workspace to Life