No CIO wants to hear that their company has been hacked. But for most, network intrusion is the new reality—even if we don’t realize it.
In the new eBook, 5 Next Big Things in Mobile Security, we explore the biggest trends and threats facing businesses of all sizes everywhere in the world. Access the free eBook today and ensure you are ready for the next big threat against your business.
Here are a few things from the eBook you need to know today:
1. U.S. Security Breaches Are Escalating—Fast
- ITRC estimates that since 2005, there has been a 397% increase in data exposure incidents across financial services, business, education, government and healthcare sectors.
- So far this year, nearly 6.2 million records have been compromised.
- And since 2006, more than 851 million records have been exposed.
2. IT Budgets Are Not Allocated to Combat New, Rising Threats
- Enterprises still use 90% of IT budgets to secure the network perimeter.
- But 72% of attacks aim at end-user identity and applications.
- App-layer attacks are 63% harder to detect than attacks at the network layer.
3. Exposure Increases as New Endpoints Enter the Enterprise
The consumerization of IT brought rogue smartphones, tablets and even apps into the corporate network over five years ago. Companies are finally starting to get a handle on securing bring-your-own-device (BYOD) and apps (BYOA), thanks to new innovations like VMware’s Workspace ONE secure app catalog and identity management. But if CIOs and IT leaders thought BYOD and BYOA were bad enough, there’s no way we’re prepared for the onslaught of connected things.
Download our free eBook, 5 Next Big Things in Mobile Security, to arm yourself with the information you need to protect your business, data and intellectual property.
When you’re ready to start combating mobile threats—known and unknown—within your company, we’re here to help. Simply click here to get started.