Want to give your company a competitive advantage with a new tech strategy? Want to exchange ideas with technology pros in your industry? Here are 14 essential 2017 conferences for business and tech leaders in education, enterprises, financial services, government, healthcare and retail this winter and spring.
- RSA Conference: Feb. 13-17 in San Francisco, information security pros from around the world will gather at one of the best industry events to learn how to stay ahead of cyber threats. Industry leaders like Dell, Lookout, Skycure and many more will talk trends and tactics. Plus, reserve a seat now for VMware talks on NSX, cloud security and mobile security for the Internet of Things (IoT).
- CHIME-HIMSS CIO Forum 2017: Feb. 18-19 in Orlando, the College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) and the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) will lead a forum on the newest challenges coming at healthcare IT executives. The keynote speaker lineup includes a world-famous hacker, a tech CEO, a futurist and a clinical leader, and the entire event kicks off with a golf tournament for CIOs. How cool is that?
- HIMSS17: Feb. 19-23, stick around Orlando for the biggest event of the year for healthcare IT. HIMSS anticipates more than 40,000 people from around the world will attend to learn how to deliver cutting-edge, secure healthcare technology that drives better outcomes. (VMware will be at booth 3661 in the exhibit hall.)
- Mobile World Congress: Feb. 27-March 2 in Barcelona, the Super Bowl of mobile tech conferences takes place, and VMware will be there for it all. Among the many keynote speakers lined up, are top leaders from AT&T, Netflix, PWC, Turner and the United Nations, as well as our own VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger. Plus, there’s the 22nd Global Mobile Awards, of which VMware is nominated for twice.
- Mobile Tech Summit: March 1 in Washington D.C., join the 6th Annual Mobile Tech Summit, presented by the Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association (AFCEA) D.C. chapter. Speakers from the Department of Defense, the CIA, the U.S. Air Force and more will make up panels on security, mobile communications and mobile digital transformation for government organizations.
- NASTD Regional Seminars: The National Association of State Technology Directors (NASTD) hosts four regional seminars through June, leading up to the annual conference and technology showcase in August. Technology professionals attending can hear regional state reports and join panel discussions on state government technology.
- Enterprise Connect: March 27-30 in Orlando, enterprise IT leaders and app developers can learn about communications and collaboration technology from top analysts and experts. There’s even a mobility track, sponsored by VMware, featuring sessions on IoT and Apple in the enterprise.
- GITEC Summit 2017: April 2-4 in Annapolis, the Government Information Technology Executive Council’s (GITEC) annual event returns for federal government IT professionals. This year’s event, “Revolution of Solutions: Transforming Government,” will feature discussions on new policies impacting federal IT, accelerating federal technology acquisitions, advancements in IoT, new cybersecurity challenges and other federal digital transformation initiatives.
- CoSN 2017 Annual Conference: April 3-6 in Chicago, the Consortium for School Networking’s (CoSN) 25th annual conference returns for district education and technology leaders looking to make education more personalized and accessible through technology. Digital content, online learning, student data privacy—it’s all covered at this year’s conference, “Invent the Future.”
- 8th Annual Becker’s Hospital Review Meeting: April 17-20 in Chicago, more than 300 of the smartest people in healthcare will talk hospital strategy with more than 2,000 attendees. The impressive roster of keynote speakers includes presidents and CEOs from top health systems—plus, none other than Arnold Schwarzenegger and Jay Leno.
- Global Retailing Conference 2017: April 20-21 in Tucson, retail IT pros can learn how to help their companies compete with strategic innovation. Macy’s CEO will lead discussions with global industry leaders, including Apple, Google, MasterCard, Walmart and more.
- 2017 FS-ISAC Annual Summit: April 30-May 3 in Lake Buena Vista, Financial Services Information Sharing and Analysis Center (FS-ISAC) will offer more than 40 sessions on dealing with aggressive, new information security threats, as well as increased regulations. Business and tech leaders in financial services will also hear from cybersecurity keynote speaker Eric O’Neill, a former FBI operative.
- Interop ITX: May 15-19 in Las Vegas, tech leaders can get the IT education they need to drive their companies and careers forward. Attendees can choose from six major tracks: infrastructure, security, cloud, data and analytics, DevOps and leadership and professional development. (Plus, come meet VMware at booth 301 in the business hall.)
- Cloud Identity Summit (CIS) 2017: June 19-22 in Chicago, this 2017 tech conference covers all things intelligent identity—in retail and healthcare, in government and financial services, for mobile and enterprise mobility management (EMM), for IoT and for security professionals.
Where are you most looking forward to going? What did we miss? Share your 2017 tech conference favorites in the comments below.
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter to the right for more mobile news and events.