More than 500 million endpoints now run Windows 10, according to Microsoft. The majority of organizations around the world are actively migrating or mapping out their journey to Windows 10.
In speaking with thousands of our customers, here are some of the most common questions we hear:
- Why is Microsoft pushing modern management for Windows 10?
- What are the value drivers to move to Windows 10 and a modern management approach?
- How do I accelerate my organization’s migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10?
- Why is VMware talking about Windows 10 management, and what capabilities have you introduced lately?
- How is your solution different than traditional PC lifecycle management and other mobile device management solutions?
- What can I learn from other customers who are already managing or actively migrating to Windows 10?
To help customers address these questions and more, we’ve put together the suggested itinerary below so you can make the most of your time at VMworld. With this much content, we don’t leave much time for bathroom breaks, lunch, networking or sleep. Since all those are necessary, we encourage you to pick and choose the sessions that will bring you and your organization the most value over the next year.
Itinerary for Windows 10 at VMworld 2017 Europe
Sunday, Sept. 10
- 4–8 p.m., Registration Open
Monday, Sept. 11
- 7:30 a.m.–7:30 p.m., Registration Open
- 8 a.m.–6 p.m., Self-Paced Hands-on Lab: AirWatch UEM for Windows 10 (Add #SPL185702E)
- 8 a.m.–6 p.m., VMvillage
Tuesday, Sept. 12
- 9–10:30 a.m., General Session: Good Technologists Solve Problems. Great Innovators Create Opportunities. Join VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger and COO Sanjay Poonen, and hear from a special customer migrating tens of thousands of endpoints to Windows 10.
- 11 a.m.–noon, Technical Breakout Session: An Insider’s View into Windows 10 Management with AirWatch: A Technical Deep Dive (Add #UEM1745BE). Join Senior Systems Engineer Gareth Kitson alongside Alexander Bruns, architect for digital workplace services and solutions at DB Systel GmbH, for a technical deep dive into Windows 10 enhancements, such as enrollment, application delivery, patch management and more.
- 12:30–1:30 p.m. (Option A), Technical Breakout Session: How Dell and VMware Help You Reimagine Windows 10 Deployments (Add #UEM1833BE). Join our EUC architects for a demonstration on how Dell and VMware together change what’s possible for organizations deploying Windows 10, and the value of AirWatch and Dell hardware and software.
- 12:30–1:30 p.m. (Option B), Technical Breakout Session: Cut the Cost with Cloud-First, Scalable Windows Software Distribution (Add #UEM1827BE). Join Gareth Kitson to learn how Windows software distribution capabilities create a more efficient and enterprise-scalable deployment experience.
- 3:30–5 p.m., Showcase Keynote: Delivering New User Experiences with Digital Workspaces (Add #EDW7002KE). Join EUC SVP & GM Sumit Dhawan to learn how forward-thinking IT organizations are creating digital workspace strategies to harness the power of new apps, devices and connected things to transform business processes and drive engagement and productivity for every employee.
- 5:30–7:30 p.m., Welcome Reception in Solutions Exchange
Wednesday, Sept. 13
- 9–10:30 a.m., General Session: Technology Innovation is What Keeps Companies Competitive. Join CEO Pat Gelsinger and CTO Ray O’Farrell to dive deeper into the transformation from industry laggard to leader by embracing VMware, partner and open-source technologies.
- 11 a.m.–noon (Option A), Business Breakout Session: Secure Your Windows 10 and Office 365 Deployment with VMware Security Solutions (Add #SIE3197BE). Join VMware experts and a pioneer from Deutsche Bahn Systel as they discuss unified management of smartphones, tablets, PCs and virtual desktops, and best practices for rolling out Windows 10 and Office 365.
- 11:15–noon (Option B), Expert Roundtable: Taking a Cloud First, Modern IT Approach to Windows 10 Management with Morgan Abazio (Add #MTE4828E). Learn how to drop ship PCs to users with VMware EUC Solution Architect Morgan Abaziou.
- 12:30–1:30 p.m., Spotlight Session: Planning, Building, Running & Securing Virtual Desktops & Apps as Part of Your Customized Digital Workspace (Add #ADV3156SE). VMware EUC leader Shankar Iyer and a guest from University of Duisburg-Essen will discuss supporting Windows apps with a virtualization approach as part of a complete digital workspace.
- 3:30–4:30 p.m., Spotlight Session: The Evolution of Endpoint Management Within a Digital Workspace (Add #UEM3155SE). Join EUC executive Noah Wasmer and industry pioneers from Siemens and DB Systel GmbH as they collectively explore the evolution of UEM and discuss the journey to radically transform PC management.
- 5–6 p.m., Technical Breakout Session: Best Practices in Migrating Windows 7 to Windows 10 (Add #UEM1359BE). Join our VMware EUC architects to explore the best practices you need to adopt for your Windows 10 migrations.
- 5–7 p.m., Hall Crawl in Solutions Exchange
- 7–10 p.m., VMworld Customer Appreciation Party
Thursday, Sept. 14
- 9 a.m.–4 p.m., Self-Paced Hands-on Lab: AirWatch UEM for Windows 10 (Add #SPL185702U)
- 10:30 a.m.–2:30 p.m., Solutions Exchange